View Single Post
Old 20-05-17, 15:35
GM Fox I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Baker View Post
Hi Bruce.

Thanks for the reply and giving some insight.

With your battery measurments I'm not sure two would fit on that try on the floor. It has that central rib and two pieces of angle iron on the end of it. I'm still scratching my head on what it could be for.

There was a C5 charging board mounted inside the truck. In post number 3, photo 2 you can see it along the front panel of the box mounted just to the left of the ws19. Also on the floor of the box is an oval hole. This was for the power cables from the Chorehorse to feed up to the charging board. In this picture you can see the hole in the floor just to the left of the table.

As for the terminal strips. I'd assume the truck would have some. I have my thoughts that they might be mounted on the wooden boards that are attached to the top bows. The two boards running along the sides have two sets of holes. In the pictures in the first couple of posts you can see two sets of two holes and there is definitely something mounted in them. What would be the length of the terminal strips?
Ah yes, I see the No.5 panel. It feeds the batteries so its location suggests they were up front near the panel and therefore also near the table. Do you know, or have evidence from holes, where the batteries on a WIRE-3 went? For comparison, the WIRE-5 had two pairs on the right side beside the wireless operator with the No.5 panel and terminal strips right above them. The HUW had a similar 2 pair battery arrangement under the wireless table centrally located immediately behind the cab/rear body partition. The No.5 panel was hung on the underside of the table and the terminal strips were on the rear face of the body partition (ie. right above the batteries and just below the No.5). I expect the WIRE-3 used the same battery pairs as the HUW and WIRE-5.

On your table, on the bottom angles between the legs are brackets with holes. Are these to secure the table to the box floor? If not to secure the table, then perhaps they were to clamp a battery tray on to that mystery tray you're asking about? Maybe the tray is really stiffeners (and space for lead lined acid sumps? ..the HUW has lead sumps on its battery holders) for another, removable battery tray that clamps in place there and the studs are for alignment? The HUW table (with the No.5 panel), battery pairs, operator seats and chorehorse were all "quick release" removable so a complete station could be set up remotely from the vehicle. Is this feature duplicated in the WIRE-3?

As for the terminal strips being on those wooden rails on the top lips of the box...perhaps...but only if the batteries are somehow stowed in the rear of the box or just under the rails. Are there pairs of holes on the front wall of the box forward of the table for terminal strips?

Pics of HUW table with terminals trips and HUW battery trays attached.
Attached Thumbnails
2009_0414chevbruce0079.jpg   huwafter-inside-1.jpg