View Single Post
Old 02-08-15, 01:57

Well, after much discussion, thought, and consideration, it looks like this vehicle may be coming my way.

After some wise words from a couple of experienced forum members about the importance of focus, I've decided that the Chev has a few advantages.

The vehicle in question is in pretty good condition for 75 years of age. It has a bit of rust in the usual places, but my aviation restoration contacts and past mean that this is not an insurmountable issue. The structure is straight and eminently restorable. Being a sedan, it's far more family-friendly, and my mechanic mate has experience with the Chev Stovebolt sixes. And it's something that is fairly practical to potter around town in!

If this sounds like I'm trying to justify it to myself, then that's probably right! I don't want to go too silly with this interest, but I think a car and a truck are still manageable.

Now, I'm wondering about the vehicle itself. The paint code is listed as 9NDRF, of which I have no reference. I was hoping for KHAKI, which would have suggested an Army contract, but no such luck. The current colour of the exterior and engine bay can be seen. I wonder if i'm imagining green paint under the blue exterior finish, or just dark grey primer?

Anyway, the constructor's number is 8964, but I don't know if that can be matched with a military number. I'd like to hope it's ex-military, but if it isn't I wonder if it's fair to do it up in a military scheme, like the one pictured in the AWM pic I've attached?

The Inter K5 is out of harm's way and I'm acquiring parts and materials for the rebuild. I have time and space, and am aiming for the Year of the Inter in 2017. I've been clearing the shed out, so undercover storage and rebuild space is available.

So, the fun continues. I have some decisions to make!

Cheers,
Matt
Attached Thumbnails
FB_IMG_1433327468524.jpg   FB_IMG_1433327471531.jpg   4001.jpg   Chev.jpg   4013.jpg