View Single Post
Old 11-11-15, 21:47
V.M.V.C Member

Default muffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynx42 View Post
Certainly a nice start, Matt. I hope you have as much fun as we have in ours. We don't always get home unaided and in one piece but RACV Total Care is the way to go.

Last weekend I had a minor mishap. We have been having trouble for months. It is like there is either fuel starvation or major flooding. She goes well for about 25km. then seems to starve or flood. I have replaced the fuel pump, carby, distributor, coil, all high tension leads etc, etc but to no avail. Then this happened 100 metres up the road after dying on the side of the road and getting going again. I drove home the last few km's. after this and parked her in the shed so I still have to sort things out. Maybe it is a blocked exhaust pipe somewhere.

Attachment 77307

Regards Rick.
Warning Rick, your muffler explosion would have been caused by a back fire/build up of unburnt fuel in the exhaust. This is the same fault that burnt Hugh's Pontiac to the ground. The only difference was his split with the seem facing upwards causing the floor to heat up and burn the seat padding.
4? C-GT (Aust) #8
44 C-GT (Aust) #9
42 Jeep, Trailer Aust 3
Welbike MK2 complete
Welbike MK2 inconplete under resto
C15A x3
C60S x1 ex ambo
F60L x3
LP2a carrier SAR #4993.
Trailer No27 Limber
Trailer, Cario cargo
Trailer, Pontoon semi