View Single Post
Old 14-06-14, 11:44

This Friday was pretty big day 6 hours spray painting by the time you lightly sand , prep wash , get ready to spray then wait 10 - 15 minutes between coats and clean up . I just need to do engine compartment next .. Dale

Being 6'4 tall not much fun laying on your back upside down legs sticking through the fire wall , spraying under the nose in the drivers , gunner , compartment , with just two passes of the spray gun and you can't see a thing until the air clears but worth it in the end . Darrin the protec paint that Euan and I are using can go on to glossy some times it is 30 % flatten down as well , like your are doing . I find what I do is to do one tie coat then wait ten , then a good full coat which looks glossy then wait ten this time I turn in the paint volume knob in 1/2 a turn also spray about 1 inch further away from the job and move the gun a bit quicker then the first two coats , this gives a flatter satin look to the paint then it blends into first two layers wet on wet .. Dale

This is the Jack stand that I'm going to shorten

Last edited by Dale Jordan; 24-06-14 at 02:11.