View Single Post
Old 15-04-11, 02:40
Steve

Hey guys,

I will chime in here as I feel partly responsible for restarting this 319/321 paint discussion. This is due primarily because for years, much like everyone else, I have been trying to find paint for my TOW MUTT. I thank Scotty for leading the charge here to once, and for all, hopefully find a workable solution for paint codes and possible suppliers.
For my project I think the best I can do is 34079 as my 319 and flat Tremclad black for my 2 -tone cam. I won't even touch the topic of 321 yet, as this has no doubt caused some hair pulling.
With respect to 322, I just wanted to confirm, are we saying that the 322 - almost sea foam colour - was also used as part of the cam pattern? Based on the colour charts provided at the links, it looks a lot like the inside of my M113 in Germany back in the early 90's.
Also, I know in the cam scheme paperwork that I have seen a number of times posted on this site everyone talks about the cam pattern. What is also attached to that diagram, but not posted that I have seen, are two typed pages that outline exactly what colour goes where. I don't see 322 listed as part of it. Does anyone know if it was substituted locally?
I will also include a scan of the Eric's Pea Green colour (hope you don't mind Eric). It may be slightly off as it is a scan and my painted sample is semi gloss, but I think it's pretty accurate. Has anyone else seen this colour floating around on any vehicles or colour charts? If so, what is the code for it?
Anyway, I have also included a scan of a late 80's M38A1. Not for any real reason other than I found it recently and thought you guys might like it.
Attached Thumbnails
M113 Photo Scan.jpg   Pea Green Sample.jpg   M38A1 Ipperwash.jpg  

85 CF CJ-7
74 M151A2 TOW
71 M38A1 CDN 3
67 M38A1 CDN 2
52 M38CDN