View Single Post
Old 25-02-18, 13:57

Quite frankly I would really much prefer to get an NOS steering wheel and fit it rather than epoxy the ones we have, always makes me feel edgy with restored steering wheels. I was bitten once driving a restored vehicle with an epoxied steering wheel that let go in my hands while driving.

When I count the miles I had done in his truck it makes me shiver to think what could have happened, Yes i know the CL70 is a slow speed off road machine, I am going to have to think about that.

Thanks for the confidence in my skills Jason, and yes Terry a lot of lipstick can make a pig look attractive and a lot of paint makes a lot of jeeps look mint.

On another note I stumbled across a VW engine guru who has agreed to assist in sourcing a complete engine for the project based on identification later this week of what we take out.

Apparently the 6 to 12 volt difference in the early VW engines makes a big difference in parts availability. While I am not opposed to such a change I would prefer not to if possible. Using a replacement engine is ok with me.

The tracks we feel are ok for what we need at the moment.

I am about to get an ownership with the province of Ontario for it, always nice to have some paperwork.

Home of the Maple Leaf Adapter
2 Canadian Mk1 Ferrets
Kawasaki KLR250 CFR 95-10908 ex PPCLI
Canadair CL70 CFR 58-91588
Armstrong MT500 serial CFR 86-78530
Two Canam 250s
Land Rover S3 Commanders Caravan Carawagon 16 GN 07
Trailer Cargo 3/4 T 2WHD 38 GJ 62