Thread: Heads Up: Denim Tank Suit news
View Single Post
Old 07-03-18, 19:29

Got the third sample suit from Irfan yesterday. Washed it in hottest water setting and machine dried at the longest and highest heat setting to get shrinkage.

The fit matches the label! He sent me a Large and calls it a size 4/L.

Height 5'9 - 5=10"
Breast 42" - to 44"
Waist 36" - 38"
leg seam 30"

My measurements are close to that, with the exception that I am 5"11.5" tall, ,y usual inseam for Jeans is 31" and my waist at the belt is 38" but bigger above it with "old man's pot belly"

I put it on over underwear and had my wife judge the fir. Keep in mind she is a Union Member of IATSE - the Movie industry costume folks.

She said for me, the sleeves were right, the neck was right - 19", the legs were an inch short, and the overall body length was an inch or so short.

THAT MEANS - for someone who really is the measurements on the label, it is the right fit.

Based on this report, Irfan says he has rescaled the patterns to add for shrinkage and to match the actual size with the label.

He has asked me to spread the word as quickly as I can so he can move forward with the production.

I could wear the third sample to an event, but I plan to order XL to fit my tired old flabby self.