View Single Post
Old 13-10-09, 20:17

Default CGT final prep

Hi everyone

Catching up on stuff so I am posting a few more, had some free time today.These pictures were taken in early July. My good neighbor Roland a retired automotive upholsterer working on the canvas roof. Over the 5 year restoration Roland did all the work on the seats, windows and mud flaps.
Our club Western Command was having another convoy through the BC interior in August so I ended up working on the details, lights, decals etc to get it ready in time. There was no time to de-bug the CGT; so I managed to get a trailer for the trip. The first leg through the mountain is very hard even for a modern vehicle let alone a 65 year old vehicle. So I decided the hard part I'll trailer and then drive the CGT-FAT on the easier legs. The trailer will be the insurance policy. The trailer picture is at the mid point of the climb up the Coquihalla highway on the first day of our 65+3 Western Command tour. The last picture is just before we took the CGT off the trailer on its first convoy stop in Merrit, BC.

Walde
Attached Thumbnails
green lake2009 124.jpg   green lake2009 125.jpg   green lake2009 212.jpg   green lake2009 219.jpg