View Single Post
Old 09-12-15, 17:11
Terry Warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Hingley View Post
Wow, that's an intense inspection Robert. I kind of suspected the process was like that though. I'm happy to see you can still meet the requirements without changing all of the original attributes of the vehicle. And you obviously had a good inspector who did his job, but was fair.

I will need to go through a similar process in Alberta with a jeep. I'm trying to make sure I cover off all the critical components as I go, so I can be as confident and successful as your experience. Your story helps me greatly. I heard some bad stories where guys restoring old "civilian" trucks had issues, but I think they were taking shortcuts (that's not my strategy).

Enjoy your awesome truck!
I bought an M151A2 from Alberta and had to submit to an inspection for plating in Ontario. The key is to find an understanding and knowledgible inspector. Mine is an ex-RCEME mechanic who has his own shop now. I spoke to him ahead of time to learn what he will look for, so that I could fix those things. Then I got a 10-day trip permit, and drove over to his shop. That was fun! Stopping with brakes that had little use for a couple of years. He found a few things to do, made some comments and gave me 10 days or two weeks to show my fixes. That included a two and three step wheel and tire rotation to get rid of ones with cracked sidewalls, removing the back seat (no seatbelts) and some hole filling. Once he was happy, he signed the inspection. I took it to the licence bureau and we're done! I keep a copy of that inspection with the registration.

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1
- 53-71233 M100CDN trailer

Beware! The Green Disease walks among us!