View Single Post
Old 23-05-11, 03:53

Thanks very much, everyone, for your very helpful replies and photos.

Local Chap: That other thread you kindly linked me to contains great photos. I'll need to study them more to learn the differences between the American G8T (is the 2G8T you refer to the same vehicle?) and the Canadian MCP Ford trucks. I'm friends with Ford expert Jim Wagner, but even he is not very familiar with the MCPs of Canada. I'm eager to learn more from you all.

Mike: That postwar booklet of GMH's wartime activities is the same one you sent me a CD of years ago, right? I'll need to dig that out to view it again.

I'm also going to dig out my Branham's books from the wartime and immediate postwar period. Only a few have Canadian sections. I know I have 1944, 1946, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950 editions.

By the way, today at a car show in New York State, I saw a 1944 Chevy pickup, delivered new to a farmer in August of that year (according to the present owner). I wish I'd taken my camera or camera-phone with me. Now I know some were built in 1944-1945 for essential civilian use, but I also know many 1942-built ones were stored (along with 1942-built passenger cars), to be doled out during the war to those who could prove a need. Many states titled them as new vehicles in the years in which they were sold. I wasn't able to see the serial plate to determine just what this one was. The 1944-1945 models are still coded with BK codes, like the 1942s, I believe; but I think month and year of manufacture are somehow encoded on the wartime-built ones.