View Single Post
Old 30-01-17, 13:11

Default Cfr 10908 klr 250

It is now a few days since another military vehicle roller coaster started to unfurl around me.

It was one evening last week after exchanging PMs with Grant Hopkins in BC who owns a KLR ex USMC about the KLR I had bought a year ago in an evening of enthusiasm and blind desire and a massive lack of caution. I bought a green bike that was a civvy bike that had been added to with every known issue part.

It was a replica or fake depending on which way you presented it.

I said to Grant in my PM that I thought it unlikely that I would ever find a complete genuine ex CF machine.

Well, the passage of half an hour proved me wrong when I found one Kijiji in Alberta a listing for one such machine. You could have knocked me over with a feather, I was dumbstruck.

I sent an email to the seller and within a few hours we were talking by phone and had struck a deal to purchase.

It as is often the case under trying circumstances that Matthew Reid is selling this machine and I recognise that his misfortune is my gain and that I am buying a machine that has been someones pride and joy.

This has become so very clear in all the attention to detail that he has lavished into researching everything about the machine. The wealth of knowledge that he has acquired and the lengths he as gone to is brilliant.

Matthew bought the bike from CADC directly and has not repainted the machine so all the markings are without question genuine. Can anyone comment on the call sign on the fuel tank? is it 915 or 91S?

I am going to start posting some pictures here and I have a few more to post tonight.

Once again, my deepest thanks to Matthew who is an absolute gent to deal with.

I am now working on the shipping.
Attached Thumbnails
klr 08.jpg   klr 07.jpg   klr 04.jpg   klr 05.jpg   klr 01.jpg  

Home of the Maple Leaf Adapter
2 Canadian Mk1 Ferrets
Kawasaki KLR250 CFR 95-10908 ex PPCLI
Canadair CL70 CFR 58-91588
Armstrong MT500 serial CFR 86-78530
Two Canam 250s
Land Rover S3 Commanders Caravan Carawagon 16 GN 07
Trailer Cargo 3/4 T 2WHD 38 GJ 62