Thread: Cmp c15a gs
View Single Post
Old 07-02-12, 00:50

The pattern in the lens appears to be twisted compared to the original. I can think of 3 possible causes for this. Either the headlight buckets are twisted in the nose assembly of the truck, the inner part of the bucket is twisted with respect to the outer or the sealed beam is twisted in the bucket assembly.

The outer bucket is assymetric (as is the cutout in the truck's nose) and should only be possible to install correctly with one adjusting screw at the top and the other on the side. Check carefully to be sure the correct screw is at the top. I don't recall whether the sideways screw is on the left or right.
Similarly the layout of adjusting screws and tension springs should only let the inner bucket fit nicely in one orientation in the outer bucket. The inner bucket should ride smoothly on the rounded inner rim within the outer bucket.
Finally, it should only be possible to fit the bulb one way in the inner of the bucket due to the mounting lugs on the back of the sealed beam needing to fit into recesses on the inner bucket. Any other orientation will make the bulb sit unevenly (and twisted) with only one lug in its recess or possibly just sit far forward in the bucket, not well restrained in rotational alignment.

In your "after" photo the securing screw is at the top of the exterior (rounded) trim ring, in the "before" photo it is at the bottom. I believe the bottom is "normal".