Thread: For Sale: 1945 Tanker Oversuit
View Single Post
Old 31-01-15, 02:44

After I had my run of the Denim AFV Crew suits from India with dyed cotton twill, not real denim. ( real stuff has the threads in the warp in white and the weft in color. Thats why you see a dark blue side to jeans and a whitish side on the reverse.

Adler made up two piece denims and the AFV crewsuit. Then he sold through a UK dealer even though you could reach adler (and see his prices) on his website. Funny, even with the exchange rates figured in ,the "retail price from the UK dealer was over 120% markup!

Still... I bought one and was quite pleased with the quality. I showed the other lads in 15 Recce and one fellow managed to get an order in before the stock of denim dried up. Attempts to determine if any more would ever be made have been unsuccessful.

I would be all for placing a order with this new source!

Next question though, is would they develop a pattern and make repro tan Pixie suits? I would really like one that was loose enough to go over full winter kit ( undies, wool shirt, jersey, BD) I can fit my 5'11"/37" waist body in my Size 6 with all but the BD jacket and still move around int he Humber. I wowuld love something that was actually loose!