View Single Post
Old 14-07-12, 04:08
VMVC

Default Coil NOS

Hi Keith, Long time no see! The coil is a NOS one I got from a fellow Early Ford V8 Club member a few years ago. Since then, and getting a bit more wiser on NOS parts, especially coils and condensers, I think I will replace it with a newly made one as I did with the Airtex fuel pump (modern rubber diaphragm for modern fuels). I will see how it performs once the engine is installed and running. There will be a lot of engine hours on the "test bed" before it goes out on the road. Again, for reliability, I think a newly manufactured one will be the go on the road. I put the engine temporarily back together on the stand also to make sure everything went back OK. A lot easier than finding out something isn't mating up while standing on your head in the engine compartment. Was worth it to get spark plug leads and conduits correct, and found that the original carby fuel line did not mate up to the new fuel pump by just a few mm. Was a lot easier making one up and fitting it on the stand. Will strip off intake manifold and block and use my lifting beam on the valve gallery top to put short block back into chassis. Brgds Jacques

Jacques Reed