View Single Post
Old 23-03-19, 17:41
MLU Administrator

Default Rare early Canadian 20-cwt trailer

I am first offering my Canadian 20-cwt for sale here on MLU.

This is a rare Canadian-built 20-cwt trailer and one of only a handful left. It is of early composite construction and (as far as I know) the only survivor which still has the original wood riveted to the steel frame (not bolted as seen on some restorations).

Shortly after WW2, it was supplied by Canada to the Norwegian Army. It was sold as surplus to a military vehicle dealer in the Netherlands in the 1980s. I am the second civilian owner. It has always been stored indoors, first in Army reserve depots and the last 35 years by collectors in the Netherlands. So it remains in as-found, peeling paint condition.

Currently in deep storage which does not lend itself well to photography. Therefore I have attached a photo of approx 15 years ago when I bought it. It is still in the same unrestored condition. You're welcome to come and view it.

I am open to offers. Due to it's rarity, I expect it is at least worth twice the going rate for a Ben Hur trailer. Please contact me via email. I may be interested in a (partial) trade on a Canadian or British 10-cwt trailer.

Thanks for your interest!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20-cwt_trailer_on_trailer.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	168.5 KB
ID:	106177