View Single Post
Old 25-05-17, 15:13

Thanks Alex for the welcom!

I have found the database, but tough the search option, I couldn't find anything simmelar to the engine number I have found.
Also the additional little letters have to mean something and I can't emagine that this is the first truck where they are found at.

Nevertheless I think this forum is absolute the place to be to gather information on my CMP Chevy.
And I will be a regular visitor for sure!

The body is indeed full wood, the sides and back can be opened in downward position!
The spare wheel and toolbox are positioned in between the cab and body!
the truck has two full back fenders.
After studying several pictures and discussions in this Forum I must conclude is is a 2A1.

I am new in this scene and not familiar with the CMP vihicles. as far As my knowledge goes it is possible that the truck is a C15. I was informed that the previous owner died before he could finish it. Very sad!
And the seller was not really into wartime Vihicles and had told me what he heard. So for me all motivated options are open

Alex does your remark on the body means that there where no C8 with the 2A1 body?

I have done some search on the web to identifying differences between C8 4x2 and C15 4x2. But could not find helpful information!
At the moment I don't know the chassisnumber but recall that i have seen on the French registration papers the truck is mentioned as " model 84"

Will be continued I assume!
I will send pictures when I pick the truck up for more details.
For now I am open for suggestions and help!