View Single Post
Old 13-08-12, 02:12

Default Thats Correct Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Cecil View Post
Tony,

I've come very late to this thread, but....

"Before anyone says... "that's not khaki no3" I can assure you this colour has been painstakingly matched to an original sample from the truck that was not exposed to fading.

So we can assume you used a sample from a position between panels? This does not take into account that the individual parts were not 'overpainted' in Australia, but the truck was overpainted with KG3 and the disruptive colour after assembly in Australia by the contractor. The paint sandwiched between panels is generally not a good indicator of the exterior vehicle colour in Australia.

Given the date of production of the vehicle, and the ARN, can I ask:

What pattern the flooring is, and the thickness of the floor inside the cab?

Does the roof have a roof hatch? If so, is it welded or bolted in?

Does the cab lower rear panel have a 'w' or an inverted 'u' shaped strenthening rib? Is there a small disc welded to the rib located on the left side?

Were the cab roof to cab rear panel bolts Whitworth (ie not UNC sized heads)

Does the engine number also appear stamped on the upper right hand chassis member, adjacent to the front cross member, or is this area blank?

My F15s were always fun to drive. The last one had an up-rated diff centre which gave it respectable road speed, too.

Regards

Mike C
I wanted to get the original colour of the truck Mike and that was indeed from samples along the underside of the passenger door. The Master cylinder top access cover and from paint under overlaid coats of paint and from under the mirror arms when I took them off the truck. We had good undisturbed examples.

The finish in my opinion also distorts how the colour looks which is frustrating.

To answer some of your questions and Im stoked youre taking an interest in this project by the way... Ive ducked outside and grabbed some snaps.

It has the inverted U shaped strenthening rib, different to the later Aussie Cabs. It also has the Canadian Floor not the thick Diamond pattern Aussie Floor. No disc, but I know what youre talking about. The light blue back in the photos is the aussie cab. The other one is off mine.

Could not find serial no. on Chassis but thats not to say it isnt there.

I cant remember what the bolts were from the back of the Cab. But I dont remember them being an odd size like whitworth.

Roof Hatch was chopped out & windscreen reversed so dont know how it was attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Lower back of Cab 001.jpg   Aust Cab 007.jpg   Thickness of floor 002.jpg   Floor 003.jpg   RH Chassis Rail 004.jpg