View Single Post
Old 07-10-14, 16:01

I do have a copy of a service record on the operation time....ie steaming hours and repairs and inspection history.
It appears every senior cook filled out the log book of time the boiler was steamed and checked that it was still certificate pressure testing wise.
The history log book shows the methods used to preserve the boiler during storage and if any moisture absorbent material had to be move from inside the boiler before use.
The information I am really lacking is the first hand knowledge of how to correctly use the steamer pots for the cooking of steamed meats or soups,to the steaming of peas.
It is a type of cooking not done now, especially in big volumes to feed the troops.
How were fried foods done like chips..............did the small oven top ever get hot enough to allow frying of foods.
I know the ovens knock out the best baked goods,but its the other stuff is lacking information wise.
I do have the operators book, but it is very basic about how to use the steamers correctly...........I need to find a old wiles cooker cook