View Single Post
Old 08-10-12, 18:37

Default Teething problems - sticky clutch

Hi All

Well the BEAST has been running good since it got back on the road in late July BUT it still has some very annoying teething problems. Some have been easy to find and fix BUT there is one very large annoying problem.

The clutch intermittently sticks, the random nature of this problem is what is so frustrating. Ninety percent of the time it works fine then randomly it will decide to not disengage even with the peddle fully depressed. Sometimes this happens when I'm driving and some times it will happen when the truck is parked in gear or in neutral.

I have pulled the clutch pan to see if I could see any thing obvious, No. Well Saturday was one of the clubs last Fall runs our foliage run it after adding another couple of hundred miles to the odometer and having it still stick hard every now and then, decided that it just had to come apart. So this morning I pulled the transmission and clutch assembly hoping that I would find something obviously wrong. No such luck.

Looking for ideas on what to check.

This clutch and pressure plate assembly was new before the recent overhaul (probably 5-7,000 miles) and it worked great before the overhaul.

Anybody got any ides?

Cheers Phil
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com