View Single Post
Old 26-10-09, 04:10

Default Ford 13 cab with odd features

While near Perth, Ontario last year I found this Ford that was still earning its keep on a farm. I didn't notice any data plates on the truck but find that it had a few details that seemed odd. The truck appears to be a late F60l that was cut and fitted with a tipper deck, but I must admit that I didn't really notice how the frame was modified. Note the double "Ford Canada" stamped below the headlights.

Has anyone seen doors with removable inner panels? I at first thought that these may have been cut, but I later noticed that the bead-rolled indentations were not in the normal star-burst pattern. The door-tops were extremely well done and obviously help when the truck is being used as a snow plow.

The truck is also fitted with a bulged hood, à la the F22, and a heavily modified inner engine cover. The domed panel on the top of the inner engine cover is virtually identical to a cover on an articised GPW hood that i have.

Could these mods be part of an articisation kit? Has anyone seen other trucks with these features?

I wish that i had better pictures to show the details more clearly.

Thanks,

J
Attached Thumbnails
Perth F60 2.JPG   Perth F60 3.JPG   Perth F60.JPG