View Single Post
Old 26-01-22, 07:52

Hi David, those pieces that are screwed actually don't come off. There will be a slot countersunk bolt approx every 4" but then there is a solid rivet in-between all of the bolts. I'm really not sure why there are bolts because there is a void underneath that has no access to On top of that flat section is a rubber matting that has to protrude about 1" or so past the int diameter. That rubber is held down by glue and a 1/2" wide strip of ally and that is screwed down around its perimeter. Now the overhang of rubber that is on the int cir will sit on top of the turret basket as that is the same height as the parts I just made and that literally has to be there to stop cartridges and any other small items dropping down and jamming up the whole thing. That will be all self explanatory in the next couple of weeks when I restore and fit them.
I am a bit surprised that void was not used for some kind of storage considering there were three men in there and not a lot of spare room.
As you won't be here to see, hear, smell and touch them on the day I get them fired up, I will video in detail the first battery hook up, power up and movement under their own power in half a century or more.
Looking forward to that I can tell you