View Single Post
Old 02-03-20, 16:25

Default COUNTERS, 0/9999 2-3/4 inch x 1-3/8 inch x 1-7/8 inch, No. C1 ZA/CAN 4642

This is the formal name for the two four-digit indicator dials on the 52-Set Sender PA LOADING Dials and the Coil, Aerial Tuning Assembly.

As the name of the item notes, these Counters are capable of reading from a Zero start point all the way up to “9,9,9,9”, if they need to. As far as the 52-Set is concerned, none of the three Counters come even close to their limits at their respective top ends.

The error on the 7 – 16 MC PA LOADING Counter on my Sender is high when it is back at its Zero Point. After thinking about it for a while over the evening yesterday, I realized the only way that could have happened was at the top or upper limit of travel for this Counter, but I had no idea exactly where that upper limit would be, for ANY of the three counters used with this wireless set. And none of the manuals reference that limit information either. The only way the misalignment of numbers could have happened, given the design of the system, was if somebody had rapidly spun the dial up in a very aggressive fashion and when the upper stop was hit, the angle drive at the back of the Counters flexed enough for the gear set to jump a few teeth, pushing the numbers up three and a half digits higher than the indicator should have gone.

So I took the time last evening to run each dial up to its upper limits and recorded the results as follows:

7 – 16 MC PA LOADING: 0,4,4,9/8 *
1.75 – 8 PA LOADING: 0,7,7,8
COIL, AERIAL TUNING: 1,2,9,6

* Given this COUNTERS is now reading 3.5 digits high, the correct upper reading should likely be ‘0,4,4,5’

Thought I would post these results in case anyone else needs to know.

David