View Single Post
Old 05-05-17, 15:07
carrier mech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Craig View Post
Darrell, the reason I ask is, from what I understand, these monuments are outside the DND asset system that people call "The DA" or Distribution Account.

There is a policy that only item on the DA are allowed as monuments on DND property.

As a result there is an administrative bun fight ongoing in eastern Ontario between DND and a LAV monument. The monument has been in the area for over a year and the fight continues.

I would however say that if I were in that fight I would use the M74 monument as my leverage to the the LAV installed.
We have two concurrent systems within our museum for holding of artifacts. There is the "DA" (although that is no longer the official term) and a parallel system of our accessions list, which is for artifacts acquired outside of the official DND system. Either system's assets can go on display here. Small arms, for instance, donated from civilians are to be brought onto charge in the DND system.

DHH's loan system also runs two separate systems, one for DND and one for civilian loans. The DND stuff goes on the "DA". Our museum often holds vehicles and guns which have since been loaned to other bases, armories or museums, often without the transfer being done on the "DA". The loans are generally open ended which can cause problems when the artifacts are reloaned, transferred or somehow disposed of and we start to lose track of them. There is nothing like seeing your museum's accession numbers on an ebay item. To that end, a phone call every couple years to confirm the artifact is still there goes a long way to reminding the borrower who owns what.

Last edited by rob love; 24-11-18 at 14:43.