View Single Post
Old 26-11-18, 17:37

Default LHD sign

"Can't see a LHD warning sign on the rear of Mike's Jeep , I think they have dropped that legal requirement here but I would still have one for safety reasons"

That's because, in the USA, we drive on the right side of the road, in left hand drive vehicles, so a Caution sign would not be useful.

Driving on the right side of the road took some getting used to, but we can now switch from one country to another without much trouble, as we regularly do when visiting the UK.

Dave, we did a 'desk top study' before we moved, matching what we liked and didn't like with locations in the USA, then visited each. Eastern Washington soon rose to the top of the pile, and Spokane is the largest city in the area with an airport. Though now, after nearly 9 years here, the recent changes to state firearms laws with the adoption of Initiative 1639, I'm having second thoughts (but I don't think we will be moving anytime soon!!)

Phil, nice lot of snow you are having there, much more than the sprinkle we received here, much of which has already melted. I'll look forward to the thread about 'The Box' - that's some tool!

Mike