View Single Post
Old 31-07-11, 01:24
Tony VAN RHODA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Blair View Post
So carry the message on and support us..post lots and enjoy the time we have together..
I'm curious about your handle ..Little Jo..
1.You are either little in stature..
2.You look like little Joe on the old TV series Bonanza..
3.or you are 6'19"..just a couple of inches shorter than our biggest Dutchman,Hanno,who is 6"21"....
4.Other
'Fess up..
We need a laugh..
Alex

Thank you for your kind comments. Makes us little folk feel accepted. You asked about my handle "Little Jo" It is two fold.. "Little Jo" is the name I gave my 1942 MB Willys Jeep Restoration Project and is also the name of my wife, that kept me in the good books while messing up our garage working on the Jeep. I have also named the Jeep "Little Jo".

I wish I was as tall as Little Joe in the Bonanza Series, but alas, I am only a wee lad of 5' 9" who over the years has put on the odd pound/kilo or two, as you will see in the attached photo. but unfortunately it was a cold day and the jacket is rather bulky.

Most Dutch people are tall and slim. I follow my mothers side in height and stature. My father was around six foot the shortest in his family, his father was 6' 2". The only tall one of the family is my brothers daughter who was already six foot at 16 years of age, she must have been a throw back.

You refer to Hanno height, I bet he has no problems in a crowd watching a football game but he might have a wee problem getting in my Jeep. I was an MP in the Army, 1965 - 1975, and was the shortes bloke in the unit which made it easy when sizing on parade, I just moved to the end of the line.

After I retired from work I decided to take up my jeep restoration project, something I had always wanted to do but never seem to have had the time to do. I ran into an old mate, Bob Moseley, AKA: Salesman Bob, an MLU member who rekindled my interest in military vehicles. Oh how I wish I had started the project 20 or so years ago when I had the shedding and property. I am a member of the South Australian "Wartime Vehicles Conservation Group" of South Australia, a group of like minded guys, One of the members to my surprise was one of my old Sergeant's boy that bought back memories.

Well Alex I hope I have answered your questions, I look forward keeping in touch with as many MLU member as possible and who knows we may even meet in the future at some venue. I am looking forward to going to the 2012 Corowa week long show and hope to meet fellow MLU members there, I believe some overseas MLU members also attend.

Cheers

Tony
Attached Thumbnails
TONY AND JEEP.jpg   DSC01995.jpg