View Single Post
Old 28-08-14, 21:20
Dog Robber

Hola Mariano:

I see by your postings on AACVM that you prefer to not be contacted by MP (PM in English) so I will add a few comments about myself here.

As most MLU members know, I have been doing research, as an amateur, on the subject of wheeled military vehicles (soft skins) of more or less the period 1935-1945 since the mid 1950's.

For more or less the last ten years, I have concentrated more on civilian or modified civilian cars and trucks rather than just pure military vehicles, from all countries.

For the last two years, I have been concentrating on another field of research, the sale, manufacture or assembly of North American vehicles outside of the US in the period 1930-1950. These vehicles could be civilian or military and of course CMP vehicles fit into this category.

I lived in Lima, Peru for two years, 1976-1978 so I have some knowledge of US vehicles in South America and also learned the Spanish language although I have gotten quite rusty at speaking it over the years. Also lived in Sweden 1974-1976 and Canada 1978-1980.

Regarding Argentina, I spent about a month earlier this year concentrating on that country and have about 30 bookmarks of historical websites dealing with both civilian and military vehicles in your country. For some reason, most of my photo database consists of photos of busses, I guess because there are so many "bus fan" websites.

I have just visited again the AACVM and Militariarg websites which I have not done for a while and I will remember to stay up with those sites.

Thank you again for your contribution here on MLU and other sites.

Saludos
Bill

Last edited by Bill Murray; 28-08-14 at 23:17.