View Single Post
Old 17-07-18, 20:15

Well,

it has been a while hasn't it?

As I work on a farm once spring arrives we go into a mad frenzy getting farm equipment field ready and the flagellate the land and stuff seed into the ground in the vain hope of getting a crop and in the even more vain hope of making a profit for another year, oh what an enterprise this all is.

Anyway, during that period my life is not my own, I work long hours and my own projects get shelved, literally.

During the winter I am able to work in the shop at work as a privilege, use of shop / farm equipment is also a privilege. I am appreciative of both.

I am now on a week of holiday, two days of which have been burned up my recovering from heat stroke, not fun.

Anyway, it was time to mobile the CL70 project and bring it all home as it gets cluttered at work and it looks unsightly during managment visits and causes awkward questions.

Thank goodness for palletised loading and the kit to deal with it. I loaded up a farm wagon and dragged the whole lot home.

You might notice two new cubes, these ones are steel and are ex CF parts bins for an MRT or field usage according to sources. I snagged them on kijiji in Edmonton and had them trucked back home last week and ran down to Bolton to collect them and made a side trip up to CFB Borden. They have roller drawer slides. I am chuffed to have them as they will store my tools in my basement work area and provide a base for a work surface over the top. I am trying to make use of all that evening time and the space I have at home to chip away at this project. Getting set up at home simply while waiting for my alter ego to finish the outdoor garage is difficult and I am trying not to rob too much time from one for the other. So these cubes will tidy up the disaster area as SWMBO calls it.

I am really thankful for the fact we made the decision to build into a bank and put in a set of doors that open and allow me to fork large lumpy objects right into the house in one shot.

I am now looking for some leads on various bits to get going again.
Attached Thumbnails
cl70 home 06.jpg   cl70 home 03.jpg   cl70 home 02.jpg   cl70 home 07.jpg  

Home of the Maple Leaf Adapter
2 Canadian Mk1 Ferrets
Kawasaki KLR250 CFR 95-10908 ex PPCLI
Canadair CL70 CFR 58-91588
Armstrong MT500 serial CFR 86-78530
Two Canam 250s
Land Rover S3 Commanders Caravan Carawagon 16 GN 07
Trailer Cargo 3/4 T 2WHD 38 GJ 62