Thread: Australia Day
View Single Post
Old 26-01-04, 17:25
Richard Notton

Default Re: Aussie Aussie OI OI OI

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Moseley
AND WE LOVE EVERY PART OF IT. BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD.

I know I've lived in Germany and the UK. Visited the UK in 2002. Was glad to get home and eat a piece of meat.

29c and sunny here today, what was yours?

Come visit, you won't want to go home.

Aussie Bob
Ripper!

Yup and thanks to the three of you who have rushed to the keyboard. Ballards and I would love to visit, affording the airfare, since you can't cheat and buy the ticket offshore at 1/3rd the price, is a problem; being the only management and worker for me is another and to say nothing of the universal no smoking on aircraft now which on the length of an Oz trip may well finish me for good.

Well, all meat here is Euro "approved" and decent stuff at a good price faded away after joining that EU gravy-train black hole into which we obliged to tip money at 1 million/min; subsequently the commonwealth sources were discarded by the govt here in a wholly shabby manner. Now, don't get me started. . . . . . .

Hmmmm, 29C eh? Quite mild here too, I have 5C, damp, but not raining and uniformly grey, as it does.

Of course Ballard has looked at Oz in the atlas and assumes there's a Blitz under every gum tree, plus his itinary of places to go looks like the outline of an allied star but represents likely some 20k miles of driving or more.

Oh well. . . . . . .

R.