View Single Post
Old 05-03-03, 06:51
Vets_Dottir

Default Hi Sean.

I was thinking that you were more conversing
with Mark than with me! But since you add my Uncles name I figure I can `jump in here now'
Also...I'm so ignorant about `war/army talk, lingo etc, tho learning a lot, quickly.

Your posting is really interesting me, its also got me confused about whether you're referring to `Ralph' or to `Edward' enlisting, etc (tho I think you proabably meant Ralph?)

What you mention to me about Manitoba honoring the WW2 casualties by naming lakes etc after them is amazing. I had no idea....so you believe my Uncle Eddie had a water way named after him??? I like that your `father?' was so honored!

When doing geneology searches I've noticed `Smith Falls, Man'. Never heard of it, nor do I know where its located, but the `Falls' part is probably like be like Pine `Falls'... to do with tree falling rather than water in a flat land (I was born at Pine Falls hospital)

My family never talked about Uncle Eddie...no one liked to ask because of the hurt and pain that awakened. Now all his siblings (including my Mom) and his parents, etc, are all passed on and its too late to ask the questions I'd always wanted to. I left back home and moved west when I was 11 and haven't had much chance to `gather info thru the years' etc... I wasn't always with my family...so...there are many reasons I'm so `stupid' about my family history...and other things again! BUT...I'm all eyes and ears now.

I don't understand the significance or manner of the service record numbering but I'm sure someone in here knows. Your thots sound logical! I don't know my Uncles birthdate yet...or when he enlisted. If I can get his records I'll know. I"d be interesting in knowing about the numbering.

Those letters you have sound interesting too!!!!
Boy...look where my memories and questions about my uncle have brought me now....I've learned so much already and want to keepon...I babble as ever...sorry...will post now! C