Thread: Heads Up: 10.50-16 directional tyres
View Single Post
Old 13-11-07, 17:27

Default I Dunno.....!!!!!

Hi Dirk

To be perfectly honest the issue has never been raised...... we all maddly fell in love with the deep V pattern and never considered that aspect.

They are made by an American Company...... who also makes the standard USA Bar thread military tires in various size.......

From personal experience, I installed regular US made 9:00x16 tires on properly cleaned up (sandblasted and painted) CMP rims and they went on without any problems......
.....similarly the Caldwell's installed used Michelin radial military 9:00x16 block thread design on CMP rims and also claimed they went on very easily.........

At this stage of the game.... with the tires on the way...... you can bet your last $5...... they will fit!!!!!! or will make them fit...

By the way.... not that it matters to us with CMP two piece rims.... the tire casing is designed for tubeless installation.

Both my tractor tire dealer, who will be installing the tires and Wade in Texas recommend using a 9:00x16 tube instead of a 11:00x16 tube...... apparently a properly inflated and stretched tube is safer than an overlarge tube that made create folds andfriction will develop to the point of failure...... any comments?
The relatively narrow CMP rims and the flap and the wall thickness of the 10:50 casings apparently may cause the 11:00 tube to crease inadvertently during installation.

Will certainly personally monitor/supervise the tire installation when we get them and report our expereince.

Bob
PS....... with five tires per vehicle .....we will have to think of tire rotation........ and the big suckers may not fit in the recessed panel of the HUP.....??? or the calm spare tire holders for the fortunate few that have them......

Hang in there...

Bob
Canada