Thread: Heads Up: 10.50-16 directional tyres
View Single Post
Old 16-11-07, 18:08
Mr. HUP

Default Rubber and Excitement

Quote:
Originally posted by chris vickery
Hi Guys

Well I certainly have never seen such a group excited about new rubber... At any rate, I was wondering what has drawn this bunch into the fascination of these tires? Is it the fact that they are true chevron style as per original cmp tires?
The reason I ask is because I am sure if they were 9.00-16 chevrons all us guys would be drooling... Correct me if I'm wrong but 10.50-16 were used on very few cmps, eg C15TA, F60S Bofors, C30 cwt etc...
Hi Chris,

In my case, the chevrons are the attraction. The new tyres look the part and add an element of safety that my 60 year old 9.00x16s can't provide. I do have some Ferret and Michelin tyres, but when push came to shove, the opportunity presented itself and I pounced. Besides, the Michelins look out of place and the Ferret tyres don't add anything to the ride or handling. I'll use them for my other project vehicles.

No one in our group is going to put their CMP thru a Barrett-Jackson concourse, so small deviations from the original specs are acceptable to us including the use of new paint, gas, oil, fluids, bearings, gaskets, seals, belts, batteries, wiring, etc.. Visually, the tyres are a good fit even if they are not totally correct for the vehicle (think silicon inplants and their effects...).

Bottom line: this fool had the money, and now it has departed (for some drop dead sexy rubbers).

Last edited by RHClarke; 18-11-07 at 15:14.