Thread: Info needed: M38A1 vent tube
View Single Post
Old 08-11-17, 05:03

Default Reply to venting

Hi Rob....again, thanks for replying to the venting/oil issue.

I was told that and as per jpeg dated pictures by the rebuilder that the build was completed in 2011....but the seller that I got it from bought it in 2015 from the builder....I am not sure what the builder did with it from 2012 to 2015....the first buyer only put 600 miles (1000kms) on the jeep as per the safety. I have since put on another 800 kms and still the oil consumption....maybe he did not hone the cylinders? The jeep was not meticulous by any means even though it was advertised as bolt to bolt restoration....it was re-built more for resale to somebody else so there compromises as I am finding out now.....if the oil consumption continuous I will live with it for a few years then rebuild.
Right now I will deal with other issues as fixing the front crank seal & cover gasket as there is a small leak there but the oil gets onto the belts and they spray the oil everywhere.

Next questions....is it easy to replace a master cylinder?....he replaced it too in the 2011 rebuild (not rusty at all) but its leaking at the rubber boot big time. Yes I do have the heat shield installed.

thanks,

les