View Single Post
Old 27-06-16, 13:38

Default Military Vehicle Display - Summer in The Village

The event was organised by the Clarkson Village Business Improvement Association and they did some advertising that promoted planned activities which included a classic car show in another plaza down the street from my store. Being a first time event, advertising was good but was focused locally. There's always a ton of interest in military vehicles so I went ahead and organised the military vehicle display in the plaza where I'm located. I was not sure as to how good public turnout was going to be so I only reached out to a few local MV owners. There was also supposed to be a 80's/90's U.S. military Humvee but a mechanical issue stopped that vehicle from being there. Public attendance was better than expected and interest in the MV display was great. Tons of questions, lots of pictures being taken and I think a few had been influenced enough to consider MV ownership. We received many thanks and comments of appreciation for preserving the vehicles. I did not get over to see the classic car display but I had been told there were about 40 to 60 cars. I believe the intent is for this to be an annual event and if so, I'll reach out to more MV owners next year.
Cheers, Terry.
1943 GM HUA (Project)
1962 Daimler Ferret (Sold)