Thread: FWD HAR-01
View Single Post
Old 02-06-21, 01:04

Default 'Canadian Radar Trains' in Aust

Jack wrote: I don't know how many of these trucks came to Australia but as tow vehicles for radar units there would not have been many I would not think.

Based on AWM126, there were a minimum of 58 HAR-01 tractors (all I've located - there may be others), 28 configured as type 'A' with radar trailer type 'A'; 25 configured as type 'B' with radar trailer type 'B', and five where the description does not include radar or type, but the engine and chassis numbers fall within the overall sequence of the total.

If someone knows how to decipher the ARN registers could they let me know.

What part of the entry are you having trouble with? For ARN 147564, which is identified as a 'Auto Coy' truck, with a load rating of 6 ton, engine number 527354, no chassis number listed, model 'HAR', and taken on charge at 'VB', which is the abbreviation for Victoria Barracks. Problem is, there are/were two Victoria Barracks - in Sydney and in Melbourne. Disposal information in red ink indicates sold to York Motors under Sales Advice Note 3657. The use of red ink indicates disposal soon after the end of the Second World War.

Hope that helps. Nice but difficult project due to the scarcity of parts and information.

Mike

Last edited by Mike Cecil; 02-06-21 at 01:13.