View Single Post
Old 29-09-14, 03:25

I don't think this thread has been hijacked, however I am also not certain it has headed in the direction Bob had originally hoped for it.

If I read Bob's initial post correctly, he owns a Carrier No. 23 for his Wireless Set. This carrier was never equipped with the composite rubber/metal shock mounts that fastened the carriers No. 21 and 22 to a vehicle. It did, however, come with pads (as per Bruce Parker's Post of pix 1 and 2) designed to fit over the four angle iron rails the PSU and transceiver rested on, when strapped to the carrier.

I am curious, Bruce, if the rubber pads in your first picture are plain flat hard rubber: either one large angled piece of rubber, or four separate strips? The ones on my Carrier No. 23 are of a molded foam rubber design, right angled in shape. The surface of them that is in contact with the wireless equipment is smooth. The surface that rests on the rails (the undersides) have angular recesses cast into them to fit the rails, and within these recesses are six round depressions intended to fit over the screw heads used to mount the rails to the carrier chassis. If these are different than your rubber ones, Bruce, then there are at least three variations of these pads out there.

Regards,

David