View Single Post
Old 29-09-14, 22:42
Junior Password Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by cletrac View Post
These are NOS ones for a 19 set. They look to be the same as the 11 set used. I think 4 of them will go in my 11 set box of stuff.
That's the mounting (well, half of it) for the No.3 (or 23) and No.25 WS19 carrier. (So that you can have a demountable "truck & ground" station.)

There's a variant with doubled shock absorbers (second pair mounted upside down) for the (British) WS19HP installation on Carrier No.25 - the RF amplifier is mounted on top of the set and needs the extra support. Because the combination is top heavy there's an additional shock absorber with a plate on the base and an L bracket on the top, the plate fits to the vehicle side and the L bracket is attached to the top of the amplifier with the usual three screws.

I think the actual rubber mounts are "Shock Absorber, Bridge, Mk.II" - they were also used by the Air Ministry because I've seen them on a T1154 case before now, possibly for vehicle or patrol boat use. They are a "Multi-Purpose Part" and used on a great number of radio mounting frames.

The canvas strip or moulded rubber pieces that fit between the set (and supply unit) and mounting frame are to protect the set case from the screw heads on the frame - otherwise you'd quickly get holes in the fairly thin set case. They have virtually no damping properties!

Chris.