Thread: How To: C15a Wire-3 restoration
View Single Post
Old 21-12-18, 21:20

I picked up a parts washing station from Princess Auto the other week. Using the bucket of gasoline in the driveway worked but it wasn’t the best nor could I fit larger parts....unless I got a bigger bucket.

Anyway I modified the basic unit by moving the pump to the bucket below the tank. I also added a quarter turn shut off valve on the drain. This lets me either drain the main tank or fill it up for parts soaking. I also added a piece of filler metal to the original pump switch hole on the side of the unit. To this I mounted the movable nozzle using two brass fittings. This made the nozzle much more secure then originally mounted to the plastic outlet directly on the pump. Weather stripping was added to the inside edge of the top. It does a good job of sealing the unit when the lid is down. Lastly I made up a wooden dolly so it can be easily moved about the shop.

So far it’s worked great and I’ve been using it to clean up my brake drums and backing plates.

The only downside to it is.......the constant running liquid from the nozzle is making me have to pee.
Attached Thumbnails
820C3665-7235-4F48-94D3-86E173FE5035.jpeg   AB5AD538-1BC6-49B8-A238-E781095F33DE.jpeg  
C15A-Wire3, 1944
Willys MB, 1942
10cwt Canadian trailer