View Single Post
Old 13-11-06, 13:56

Default Starting Restoration

Hi Maverick,
I'm glad to see that someone has finally managed to rescue these two LAAT's. Several years ago I spent a few hours talking to the then owner of them,and ended up taking some pictures of them, oddly enough, your picture of the F60 is almost taken from the same spot that I took mine. I was interested in the hoodbows and their assembly, for my C30 LAAT. If it were me embarking on this project, I would start on the F30, as this one is partially stripped, and if I remember the engine was in one of the sheds. The F30 also looked in better shape than the F60 did (at the time). A lot also depends on how much room you have, bearing in mind you will need at least the same area for all the bits you take off, as is taken up by the vehicle. Take lots of pictures, especially before and during stripping down, as these are very useful when you start putting it all back together. Essential to any rebuild are the operators and spares manuals. As Phil says, check out the other restorations on this site
Best of luck with these projects, don't rush it, it will probably take best part of 3-4 years to complete just one of them, and if you have any questions,don't be afraid to ask
Regards
Keith