View Single Post
Old 20-08-06, 22:59

Default Re: Where is it used.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Carriere
About the tar impregnated woven tubes.....

Where exactly is it used.....???

I have noticed two seperate pieces in the nose area which encloses the wires going to the headlights....... and have seen left over pieces in the taillight area BUT only on cab 13.......

I got some of the tube material from Rob and it is brand new and price hard to beat..... may main use will be for my the 1956 Dodge Power wagon C4pw....... the loom is used everywhere even inside the frame on the Dodge........

In my cab 11 every little bit of wiring insulationhad been heaten or carried away by rodents...... all that was left was a mess of fine copper strands........

Bob
First if NOS tar loom is stiff, try warming it with a hair dryer helps to restore the flexibility.

Here is the beginnings of a list of where the tar loom is used on Cab 13s
If you are only going to use the tube in the original locations, let us start a list:

Right and Left Head light buckets to the wiring harness blocks on either side of the radiator
Right and Left Front Marker Lights to the wiring harness blocks on either side of the radiator
Right Rear Marker Lights to wiring harness plug connection, right rear of frame
Right Rear Brake Light to wiring harness plug connection, right rear of frame
Left Rear Marker Light across behind rear frame cross rail to the wiring harness plug connection, right rear of frame
Left Rear Brake Light across behind rear frame cross rail to the wiring harness plug connection, right rear of frame
Left Gas Tank Gage lead across center frame rail to wiring harness plug connection just behind cab back on right side of frame
Right Gas Tank Gage to wiring harness plug connection just behind cab back on right side of frame

Across behind dash to map light (if equipped)
Around sections of the windshield vacuum tube particularly where it passes through the dash center of windshield
Other locations to possibly add or use the tarred loom tubing
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com