View Single Post
Old 22-05-08, 20:35

Default Searching for my old Carrier

Hope someone might know where our carrier ended up.

My father purchased a Universal Carrier from a hunt camp in around 1973 and trucked it to Head Lake, Ontario (our cottage). It ran and we used it mostly for fun on our property. We owned it till the mid-80's when someone approached my Dad about buying it. At the time my brothers and I were newly married with kids and had little time or concern for the "tank" as we called it. My Dad sold it and it was probably a year or two before I even realized it was gone. I had a lot of fun in that thing. I've included a photo of us in front of the Carrier - around 1978 What I can tell you about this unit is that it was built by Ford in Oakville, ON in 1944. And if I remember correctly it was an MKII. The armour around the Bren gun port had been cut away and we had painted a white Maple Leaf emblem on its sides. Otherwise it was pretty much intact. I think I saw it once some years later in Brampton, ON behind some industrial units. That's it. Perhaps someone knows where it is - I'm curious - I also can't believe its been almost 25 years since we sold it. Now that I'm older and have time for these things I'd like to get another Carrier.
Howard J Elmer, editor
PowerSports Media Service
10 Roberts Cres
Brampton, ON, L6W 1G8
Canada
w.905-455-0145
c.905-867-3839
Attached Thumbnails
Copy of Tommy & Me.jpg