View Single Post
Old 26-09-15, 14:42
GM Fox I

I stand to be corrected because it's been a few years, but if I recall it wasn't so much the registration cost, it was insurance. With historic plates (I assume based on lower use) you paid a pittance. If you had regular plates you paid regular insurance as if it were your 'day' car. Maybe that's changed and you pay the full freight in both instances which make the historic plates useless as Robin says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Craig View Post
Here is a quick answer, don't.

Longer answer, while most cops have far much better things to worry about than investigating whether the Lower Little Podlesham Antique Vehicle and Laundry Mangle Club is a properly constituted entity if you got the one odious one who did go digging do you really want to get screwed over?

Honestly, you are restricting the use of your vehicle for the sake of wearing a plate that identifies the vehicle as being old, why? Those who know what an Iltis is already know. The great unwashed masses of the public wouldn't know the difference between it or an M38 nor do they care.

I come back to the base point, what great advantage or purpose does having that plate get you? A few bucks lower annual renewal fee, well whoo hoo! Most of us have likely blown that saving on this years dud purchase anyway!

Back to you