View Single Post
Old 09-11-08, 17:59

Default Next Year! Ha! Your funny

Gents,

the very small number of us who put the show on have agreed that we wont be doing it again next year as the time involved and energy required was more than we can handle.

We have agreed that if we do one again it will have to have a bigger budget for advertising as we feel we want to reach beyond the already converted and display our hobby of Military Vehicles to the general public and get them to pay for the priviledge of doing so.

This year after covering our costs we were able to make a donation to the Princess of Wales Own Regiment museum of over a $1,000 cash! This will greatly benefit the museum.

We were very fortunate to get the use of the drill hall and the tables and chairs at no cost $ wise from CFB Kingston.

We did expend a quit considerable sum of our own monies in the floating of armour and other vehicles to the event and that was done as our part of being involved in the OMVA show.

For my part I spent around $300 in fuel and over a week of my time making vehicles presentable and clean. I ran out of time as far as kitting out vehicles with added fluff fluff like antennae and the like.

We were still working on the monday morning taking a float trailer of tables and chairs back to base stores.

If it was not for the generous participation of my erstwhile employer and his vehicles and equipment a lot of what was on display would not have happened.

So to recap, I need some time off and a bit of a breather before another one, and when we do I want to try having bleacher seating and vehicles rolling by and a commentary A la Beltring type event. I know its a bit ambitous but its doable with some planning.

anyone want to help?

Robin Craig
Union Jack Collection