View Single Post
Old 28-05-12, 01:44

Default my first blitz

Following our blitz epiphany at Warburton sawmill, Keith and I discovered dozens of CMPs scattered throughout the suburbs of Melbourne, and within two years of that fateful day I found myself the proud owner of this F60L - spotted in a construction yard in Bayswater, a mere 20 km pushbike ride from our doorstep!

It was none too pretty but it was very sound mechanically, having lately been in road service, and best of all it had a newly reconditioned motor. We subsequently realized it was a Canadian built F60L (note circular hatchway) which is quite a rarity in Australia.

The photos here come from an excellent album compiled by Keith at the time, which chronicles the entire restoration process, from day of purchase to "test drives" on logging tracks in the mountains behind Warburton. This particular sequence depicts delivery day - an event which I was unable to attend myself, having to work at the servo all day instead!
Attached Thumbnails
tonyblitz 101.jpg   tonyblitz 102.jpg   tonyblitz 103.jpg   tonyblitz 104.jpg   tonyblitz 105.jpg