View Single Post
Old 28-05-12, 06:41

Default my second blitz

My second blitz was another F60L, found abandoned alongside a dirt backroad near Bullengarook, about 60 km north of Melbourne, on one of the occasional car trips which Keith and I routinely nagged our parents to take us in search of CMPs further afield! As can be seen from the photos this one was quite a wreck, but it did have a straight chassis, which I badly needed to proceed with my resto.

This series of photos depicts the purchase and recovery process, which entailed two separate trips. First pic shows me standing by patiently, clutching my trusty Pentax, while my long-suffering father inspects this latest object of my desire rather dubiously. Finally relenting, we set off on a house to house search for an owner from whom to purchase it. Personally I would have dispensed with such formalities and simply towed this long forgotten wreck away, but my father insisted. Eventually, in a run down farmhouse some miles away, a crusty old gent laid claim to it, and with an eye on dad's flash company car, figured he could take these city slickers for $100. Having no other chassis options, I reluctantly forked out what for me at the time represented several weeks hard earned pay at the servo.

The following 3 pics show preparations for recovery, which basically involved getting it up on wheels and rolling.

Final pic taken soon after arrival home shows the clean straight chassis to good effect, with Keith sitting in the now roofless cab in the pouring rain!
Attached Thumbnails
tonyblitz 111.jpg   tonyblitz 112.jpg   tonyblitz 114.jpg   tonyblitz 116.jpg   tonyblitz 119a.jpg