Thread: Penguin Mkll
View Single Post
Old 27-07-14, 17:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Lorenzino View Post
It is a Mk3. serial #77, dated 1949. Not running, but with new track belts.
I would really like to get a copy of the parts book, or any other manuals that might be out there.
The data plate in Convoy Magazine issue 29 seems to be of Penguin Mark II, serial #30, built June 1947. That Penguin data plate seems to be showing the maintenance manual as "SNOW-B" possibly followed by a number. It would make sense if it were "SNOW-B3" as that is the manual for the Armoured Snowmobile Mark I and the Penguin seems to have developed from the Armoured Snowmobile. (Maintenance manuals Snow-B1 and Snow-B2 applied to the Bombardier snowmobiles with skis for steering.)
The parts manuals for the Armoured Snowmobile Mark I, B-SNOW-03, and for the Penguin Mk 3, CV-1, list many major parts in common, including engine, transmission and suspension, so it would be believable that the maintenance manual for the Armoured Snowmobile could have also been used for the Penguin although I'm not sure this was the case.
If you can decipher what manuals are listed on the data plate of your Penguin I can provide reproductions of all of the manuals I have mentioned. (If your data plate is not readable my best guess is parts list CV-1, stated to be for the Penguin Mk 3, and maintenance manual SNOW-B3, for the Armoured snowmobile but covers major components as used in the Penguin Mk 3)