Thread: Gas Gas Gas
View Single Post
Old 03-09-05, 21:25

I ams sure that the M25 London orbiatl MUST be the busiest in the world..now it's 5 lanes both sides in places! At times it's a car park

Hi David
Statistics prove the 401 is the busiest but does it really matter? Like your M25 it is usually a parking lot anyway. Luckily I travel to Whitby where the traffic stops up. The 100 km. I have driven to that point goes fairly quickly. I don't envy the people who travel from Oshawa and Whitby to Toronto. A shorter distance than I travel but sometimes it takes hours. Your gas mileage is impressive in your vehicles. Here we have only started really buying economy vehicles in the last few years. Toyota Echo is now a popular purchase at 54 mpg. We have been spoiled with our gas guzzlers to be sure. My 90 Chev pickup has 580,000 km. and is a pig on gas. My 89 Chev pickup has 350,000 miles and is so bad I rarely use it. My 1972 Chev pickup gave me 13 mpg at the best and I have it stored in a barn. Why?:
The really awful part is Janet also travels 50,000 km (30,000 miles) to work yearly, but she just bought a Nissan Sentra so that should help. We should all have roads like Holland where bikes are King. Not healthy for a fat guy like me though.
Cheers,
Barry