View Single Post
Old 21-08-21, 20:16

The process of replacing the C7D Trimmer Cap in the Main Set Receiver has now begun. I have lost track of the number of steps I expect this Sub-Project to take, as I keep breaking it down into smaller, more easily accomplished sections.

The first bit of work requires careful removal of the V1D Valve, Grid Cap Clip, avoiding any cockups.

The attached photos show this Clip in place and disconnected from the Grid Cap. The small, black sleeve covering the soldered end of the Clip has been slid out of the way, for purposes of desoldering the lead/clip connection. Interestingly, this particular sleeve was not tied in place. I will have to remember to do that when it is time to slide it back in place.

The clips themselves are quite delicate, and can crush easily. I need to apply a certain amount of tension to the clip lead while desoldering for the clip to slide off the end of the lead. The ID of the clip is not wide enough for a pencil to fit in it, but one of the modified wooden chopsticks I was using for spray painting some of the smaller parts on the Sender will work just fine.

I will post more pictures once the Grid Cap Clip is free. If I don’t post for a while, then I have gone to the Pub for some reason…

David
Attached Thumbnails
C7D Trimmer Cap 11.JPG   C7D Trimmer Cap 12.JPG   C7D Trimmer Cap 13.JPG   C7D Trimmer Cap 14.JPG