View Single Post
Old 29-12-22, 02:36

Hi Chris.

Actually, you did jog me in the direction of checking the 19-set documentation for possible cross references, which I had not thought of to this point in time. So Thanks on that!

I then went back into the 52-Set Operators Manual to see how useful the data there might be and discovered of 51 different capacitors in the 52-Set, only 5 were actually identified by PC Number. As you noted, all the others had Canadian Marconi Part Numbers. Be interesting to see if the CMC Numbers were actually stamped onto the caps used in the assembly process. I shall find out shortly I suspect.

On the bright side, however, I did stop this time and read the prefix notes Marconi included at the front of the Parts Index at the back of the Operators Manual and noticed they had included a reference to the fact quite a few of the capacitors used in the 52-Set were also used in the WS No. 9 and WS No. 19 and those parts supplies can be drawn on to effect repairs to the 52-Set, if necessary.

I will keep you posted with what I find hiding on the chassis and this might even allow me to play a bit more with some photo software, of which I have explored very little over the years.

Cheers for now,

David