View Single Post
Old 16-10-18, 12:22

Default Bombardier Skandic 97-26076 Light Over Snow Vehicle

I have been after one of these for a while as smaller vehicles interest me and no one else seems to be collecting them plus it has a practical purpose for winter travel at home on the island around the farm in winter as we don't have any work owned snow machines here in winter. Who knows, I might even buy a trail pass and go off island.

This popped up on GC Surplus a few weeks ago and like a fool I bid and like a lucky person I won. It was listed with many declarations of damage and not turning over and in need of repairs but I was prepared for that and bid to win. Anyone can go see what I paid if you know how. I missed one of these in Alberta about a year ago and as the CF seems to be buying gawdy coloured commercial off the shelf (COTS) units and often not adding the wire cutter I knew that the supply of these was dwindling. The place of sale being Ottawa was convenient as I pass through there quite often. I didn't go view it in person, I could not get away for that.

So, long story short, it is home and after an hour of due diligence and tinkering, despite no battery and a missing dead man's tether we have it running now.

It is going to get some TLC and parts bought for it and it will slowly get tidied but not overly so, an in service look and status is all I am after currently. The seat has been an in service repair by someone so it will stay like that for a while as things like a better condition track is higher on my list.

I will live in the yard at work ths winter in an enclosure as our ready vehicle for property patrols on the farm and likely for some hunting work with my co worker and general running around. We have over 600 acres under our charge.

I am looking for any photos of CF snowmobiles in service particularly anything they may have been towing such as pulks or komatiks.
Attached Thumbnails
skandic 07.jpg   skandic 06.jpg   skandic 14.jpg   skandic 16.jpg   skandic 12.jpg  

Home of the Maple Leaf Adapter
2 Canadian Mk1 Ferrets
Kawasaki KLR250 CFR 95-10908 ex PPCLI
Canadair CL70 CFR 58-91588
Armstrong MT500 serial CFR 86-78530
Two Canam 250s
Land Rover S3 Commanders Caravan Carawagon 16 GN 07
Trailer Cargo 3/4 T 2WHD 38 GJ 62