View Single Post
Old 21-04-19, 18:59

I had thought I had updated this thread but I haven't in a while it seems.

So, as I mentioned the sled had suffered from a sudden stop against something hard. This had caused front end frame bending under the hood and the aluminum bumper bar had been part of that. All in all the fiberglass hood wouldn't close reasonably.

We reefed the front frame members back into shape by putting a lumpy guy on the end of a 4 foot pry bar and bouncing and checking repeatedly, one of the few times having a bunch of extra pounds has paid off. Eventually we got it back to a reasonably close condition. For a motor pool ready machine I am happy with that. If it runs and steers properly and is safe and reliable and tidy that is good enough for me. Anything more would require a complete strip down as too much of the engine is in the way.

During the winter there was a snow mobile swap meet locally and I went along to collect some parts I had bought from a guy in Quebec who was also attending. I did not want to pay money over the internet for gear I had not seen and would be expensive to ship and damage would be very likely.

I had agreed to buy a used bumper and a used hood and a barely used track. All of these parts are no longer available through the dealer and the white fiberglass hood was only made for this contract I am led to believe. The most important was the track as mine has a very miles left before it is going to shred. Its ok for local trips but in a year or so I will change it.
Attached Thumbnails
skandic 21.jpg   skandic 20.jpg   Skandic 19.jpg  

Home of the Maple Leaf Adapter
2 Canadian Mk1 Ferrets
Kawasaki KLR250 CFR 95-10908 ex PPCLI
Canadair CL70 CFR 58-91588
Armstrong MT500 serial CFR 86-78530
Two Canam 250s
Land Rover S3 Commanders Caravan Carawagon 16 GN 07
Trailer Cargo 3/4 T 2WHD 38 GJ 62